Saturday, August 26, 2006

Schipperke Pups

These are Schipperke pups. Aren't they adorable? I have never heard of these dogs, but after some research, I have found out that they are rather popular.






*****
I hope everyone's Saturday went well. Mine was rather relaxing. I ate some breakfast at a diner with Mike, and then we hung out watching movies the rest of the day. We watched "The Hills have Eyes" and "L'Auberge Espagnole". The first one was mediocre, and the second one was pretty good.

Last night we also watched a movie. We watched "Monster House" at this dollar theater by my house. It was really cute. I love those types of movies.

Also, we had to go to Best Buy today because my camera battery died. Kodak is sneaky enough to stop making my regular battery for my camera, and forcing me to have to buy rechargable batteries as well as a charger. It was definitely more than I was expecting, but at least it will work out in the long run. What is even better is that tomorrow I will have some really cute pictures of Ender and Emily. They have a strong fascination with digging up dirt in the backyard. This activity has definitely made for some great photos.

In other news, my friend Jeramy is doing this "Walk for Farm Animals" and he wanted me to let you know about it. This "Walk for Farm Animals" os for Farm Sanctuary. Farm Sanctuary is a national, non-profit animal protection organization. Each year they rescue, rehabilitate and provide lifelong care for hundreds of animals rescued from factory farms, stockyards and slaughterhouses. In addition to operating the shelters, they work to gain legal protection for animals used in food production and to raise public awareness about factory farm cruelty and cruelty-free alternatives. The Walk for Farm Animals helps fund Farm Sanctuary’s rescue and protection campaigns. Walks are generally 5k – 10k long (about 3 to 6 miles) and are often held in public parks.

If you would like to support Jeramy go here.

3 comments:

funwithyourfood said...

:)

Anonymous said...

What cute puppies! Hope your day is fantastic! I am soooo glad Ender is doing better!

KleoPatra said...

Farm Sanctuary is like heaven on Urth. I haven't been there but i support them and one day i'll be able to visit both of 'em. And i hope there are more places like it that will open up so the babies will have a safe haven...

I hadn't heard of or seen the Schipperkes before. CUTE! And looks like they looooooove the H20 as well!