Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Dognabbit's One Year Anniversary!

To Celebrate, I am going to show you how to throw a Dog Party!


Find a Place
The best place I can think of to throw a dog birthday party is at a park made especially for dogs. Here you can let your dog celebrate its birthday by sniffing every piece of dirt, dog booty, and caterpillar that they want.



Find a Theme
If you have a terrier, make the theme digging for the mole, or if you have a boy lab make sure to bring along plenty of fire hydrants, and if you have any sort of girl toy dog you might want to opt for a princess party.



Food Ideas
*Plenty of water and lots of water bowls!

*Plenty of doggy treats. Some of my favorite include:

*Dog Birthday Cake!

Games
What’s a birthday party without games? Here are some fun ideas!
1) Hide the Kong: fill a Kong toy with treats, and let the winner keep the Kong

2) Obstacle Course: Set up an obstacle course, but make sure dogs of all sizes can play. Feel free to use orange cones, kiddy pools, tunnels, and toys. Offer up a gourmet treat to the one who finishes first.

3) Bone Hunt: buy a few bones and hide them in different areas of the yard. The dog who finds the most bones (or finishes theirs first) wins a gourmet bone.

4) Tug of War!: Bring plenty of ropes and let the dogs fight to win the rope. Winners will receive rope and more room for an ego.


5) Fetch for All: Get a ton of balls and throw them for the dogs. Let them chase the balls for hours!


***
This blog has been a great experience this year. I have had a blog since I was 14 years old and thought that I should do something in the blog world that was actually fun for someone. I visited CuteOverLoad.com all the time and wanted a blog that would be just about dogs. I was on the look out for blogs about dogs but was unable to find anything that I was actually interested (at first).

Throughout the year I have made my blog the way I want it, and in the meantime have discovered many dog blogs that are also awesome. I have made a lot of friends, and shared a lot of things with people through this blog. I am very happy that I have been able to share it all with you. I appreciate every comment that I receive! It honestly makes me smile when I get them.

Thank you for being such a great crowd. I have enjoyed sharing pictures of dogs with you, as well as my life story for those who care. I hope you enjoyed the blog as much as I did : -)

There will be plenty more this year, and I have a lot more new ideas!

Also, on a side note, I always try to add sources to people’s photos, but sometimes I forget or am just too overwhelmed with too many photos (like today). So if it bothers you that I have your photo on here without credit, please let me know who you are and I will gladly put it on the site.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY GOOD JOB KEEP IT UP FROM ALL OF US UP HERE IN THE GREAT WHITE NORTH

Jeremy Bear said...

Yay! Happy BD!