Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Update on Cody

-Source

I know that most people who visit this blog visit it because they want something to make them smile, and not something to make them sad. I wish I didn’t have such sad news this past week, but I do, and I have always used a blog to tell the world what is going on in my world.

Here is a picture of little Cody. It looks sad because he is all hooked up, but he was really such a sweet perfect looking boy. Try not to look at the wires. Focus on how cute he was when he held the TIP of my finger with his entire cute little hand.



I was in Kansas City, MO the past few days as some of you may know to be with my sister, her fiancé and my especially my nephew, Cody. My nephew was born on Valentines Day, but was born in critical condition. I flew out to Kansas City on Saturday, and was able to be with him. After being with him and the family for several days, we found out that Cody’s brain had not fully developed, enough to where he was unable to survive without machines, and even on machines he wouldn’t last very long. The decision was made to take him off the machines, and Tuesday that is what happened. Cody has gone to a better place, where he will not have to deal with all the bad stuff in the world. My family is very upset right now, especially my sister and her fiancé. Please think good thoughts for them, because they will need it more than anything.

They asked me, as well as everyone else who calls them, not to donate flowers but to donate money to either the Ronald McDonald House in Kansas City or the Children’s Mercy Hospital in Kansas City. Both places were unbelievably kind in our time of need, especially Cody’s. The Ronald McDonald House let my sister, her fiancé and his mother stay at their place. Charities made them dinner every night and supplied them with whatever they needed. The Ronald McDonald house also had a part inside the Children’s Mercy Hospital that fed us while we waited in the hospital. Both the Ronald McDonald House and the Children’s Mercy Hospital were the biggest help imaginable. Although it ended up being some of the worst days of my family’s life, they were able to make the experience a little better. They allowed us to focus on Cody, rather than money.

If you are feeling charitable, please donate money to the Cody Ferguson fund at the Children’s Mercy Hospital or donate money to the Ronald McDonald House. These are both amazing organizations and I am more than inspired to help them.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cara, I'm so sorry! How terrible. I don't even have the words. Just so, so sorry!

funwithyourfood said...

Cara
I'm so proud of you. You've been a so positive and strong.

Anonymous said...

Cara - Thank you for sharing your life with us. Cody looks beautiful in the photo. Your family is lucky to have you.

KleoPatra said...

I'm thinking of you and sending that family of yours lots of love and light. My heart hurts for what is going on.

MeloMeals said...

I am so sorry for your families loss of Cody. He was a beautiful little boy.. this is the worst thing that a parent could face... I will light a candle for your family.

Unknown said...

Thank you for all your kind words, they mean a lot, more than you know!

KleoPatra said...

I am so glad you got to be with him, Cara...

My thoughts are with your family...

Anonymous said...

I'm so very sorry for your family's loss.